About Stuart - Message From the Dean
Welcome to IIT Stuart School of Business, where our strategically competitive programs give students the skills they need for success in the next economy.
Education is the key to opportunity, and our curriculum is strategically designed to give our graduates a competitive edge. Centered on the concepts of creativity, entrepreneurship, incisive decision-making, leadership, innovation and sustainability, an IIT Stuart education prepares you to succeed in today’s increasingly global and data-driven workplace.
Here are some highlights:
• Our growing undergraduate program gives students the opportunity to major in business with a concentration in one of the many technology-oriented disciplines available at IIT, producing graduates who can speak the language of scientists and engineers.
• Chicago — home of the world’s largest markets in financial derivatives — is the perfect backdrop for our award-winning MS Finance program.
• Cutting-edge graduate programs in Environmental Management and Sustainability and Marketing Analytics and Communication prepare students to deal with the latest issues in industry, including corporate responsibility, sustainable enterprise, and big data.
• The IIT Entrepreneurship Academy fosters a culture of innovation, connecting student entrepreneurs with each other, with alumni and professionals in their fields, and with Chicago’s start-up community.
• Innovative programs, including Professional Communication Advancement and Advancing Career and Education (ACE), offer hands-on professional development to IIT Stuart’s international student community.
I encourage you to learn more about our graduate, undergraduate and certificate programs, our outstanding faculty, and the vibrant IIT Stuart community by exploring our site.
Best wishes for your future success,
Harvey Kahalas, PhD
Dean and Harold L. Stuart Professor of Management and Economic Development
Executive Director, Center for Strategic Competitiveness
Executive Director, IIT Entrepreneurship Academy